Monday, July 21, 2008

Sweet Words

Our oncologist here at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston examined me today and read the radiologists' reports of the CT scans taken last Thursday of my neck and Friday of my chest, abdomen and pelvis. He compared these with the CTs taken of the same areas on April 24 and 25,2008 and finds "virtually no change."

Specifically: CT Neck: The radiologists are tracking four lesions in four different locations in my thyroid. All are unchanged since April's images of the same areas. In sum, the neck CT shows "no evidence of disease progression." HOORAY!

CT Chest: A substernal anomaly noted on previous CT scans has small adjustments in size, essentially remaining "stable." HOORAY!!

CT Abdomen (Liver protocol): "Multiple hepatic metastases without significant interval change." Other organs reviewed are normal, unremarkable and without abnormalities; no lymphoadenopathy, no vascular abnormalities; no bony lesions. HOORAY!!!

CT Pelvis: "No evidence of metastatic disease to the pelvis." HOORAY!!!!

And let us not forget the human aspect of this visit. A palpation by the oncologist of my liver was found to be normal. Another HOORAY!!!!!

I love those sweet words: unchanged, unremarkable, stable, no evidence, normal. Other than that noted above, all the rest of my innards are boring, thanks to all your prayers and positive messages of wellbeing. I'll stick with boring. HOORAY!!!!!

Copyright 2008
www.lindalater.blogspot.com
Posted July 21, 2008