Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Steady As She Goes

We met with our MUSC (Charleston SC) Head/Neck oncologist on Monday afternoon (2-4-08). The CT scan of my chest and abdomen revealed essentially no change in size of the tumors in my liver and thyroid. The results are within a “margin of error” that could be accounted for by the slight differences in the number of millimeters between comparable November and February image slices. This is good news in that it signals a stable status of the illness. Now that we have two measurements to compare, the February results confirm the hopeful figures from November. This warrants optimism!

As yet, I don’t have the results of the lab analysis on the blood draw also taken Monday. All the numbers will be in by next week at which time I will pass them along, comparing these results with the previous analysis taken at MUSC in November.

Two subjective small improvements in the way my body works have appeared during the past two months that I consider significant to returning health. During this time I have gained 8 pounds. Never in my life have I rejoiced about GAINING weight!

The other is that my skin is no longer as fragile as it was as recently as December. Back then small cuts, scrapes, skin tears or abrasions required up to three weeks to completely heal. Now similar cuts heal in one quarter of that time. I imagine my immune system flexing its figurative muscles as it grows stronger!

We thank you for your prayers and an almost palpable flow of positive energy.

Copyright 2008
www.lindalater.blogspot.com
Posted February 6, 2008